Précédent   Buzz Comics, le forum comics du monde d'après. > > Comics Culture

Réponse

Outils de la discussion Modes d'affichage
Vieux 02/05/2022, 12h31
rik spoutnik rik spoutnik est déconnecté
Dieu qui déchire sa race

rik spoutnik tutoie Stan Leerik spoutnik tutoie Stan Leerik spoutnik tutoie Stan Leerik spoutnik tutoie Stan Leerik spoutnik tutoie Stan Leerik spoutnik tutoie Stan Leerik spoutnik tutoie Stan Leerik spoutnik tutoie Stan Leerik spoutnik tutoie Stan Leerik spoutnik tutoie Stan Leerik spoutnik tutoie Stan Lee
C'est une bonne occasion de relire ses travaux édités par urban comics.
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 02/05/2022, 13h29
ollieno ollieno est déconnecté
Des Figues , des bananes,
-Gardien du Temple--Gardien du Temple-

ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !ollieno est LA légende vivante de ce forum !
Steven Grant (29 avril)
Citation:
People in/around comics toss around terms like "legend" & "giant of the industry" way too much, but whatever else you can say about Neal Adams, he was hugely talented, hugely influential, & comics would be a totally different place today had he not been here. In other words, he was both.
Vieux 02/05/2022, 17h14
aegnor aegnor est connecté maintenant
quikavumagom?

aegnor est presque aussi beau que Revancheaegnor est presque aussi beau que Revancheaegnor est presque aussi beau que Revancheaegnor est presque aussi beau que Revancheaegnor est presque aussi beau que Revancheaegnor est presque aussi beau que Revancheaegnor est presque aussi beau que Revancheaegnor est presque aussi beau que Revancheaegnor est presque aussi beau que Revancheaegnor est presque aussi beau que Revancheaegnor est presque aussi beau que Revanche
Josh Adams

Citation:

"What is it like having Neal Adams as your dad?"

I can't tell you how many times that question has been posed to me since I was little. How the heck could I answer that question? At a certain point it actually made me frustrated. He was my only dad. I didn't have some sampling of fathers to compare him to. He wasn't Neal Adams to me. He was dad. Was...

Around 2:00AM on April 28th, 2022, Neal Adams, my dad, passed away. It was my birthday.

I'm reminded of a scene from Aaron Sorkin's "The Newsroom." Feel free to leave your critique of the show to yourself. Jeff Daniels' character, Will McAvoy, is anchoring a broadcast while his father is in the hospital, dying. The chaos of anchoring the news provides McAvoy with every opportunity not to call in to speak with his father until finally he relents and decides, during a commercial break, to call in to the hospital only to discover that his father has already passed away. The commercial break ends and McAvoy is lost in the moment, disregarding the prompter, the camera, and the producer in his ear. After what feels like an endless pause he looks into the camera and says, "Well, I guess it's just us now."

Well, I guess it's just us now.

The scene has everything and nothing to do with what I'm feeling right now.

My father was a force. His career was defined by unparalleled artistic talent and an unwavering character that drove him to constantly fight for his peers and those in need. He would become known in the comics industry as one of the most influential creators of all time and champion social and creator's rights. When he saw a problem, he wouldn't hesitate. What would become tales told and retold of the fights he fought were born out of my father simply seeing something wrong as he walked through the halls of Marvel or DC and deciding to do something about it right then and there.

But growing up in the late eighties and through the nineties that isn't the Neal Adams I knew. I knew dad. He worked in commercial arts and ran a studio. He worked hard but always made time for family. We would do family activities nearly every weekend and for the most part he was how I imagined every dad, except he knew how to draw.

But there were clues. Things I noticed but didn't yet understand. We would occasionally go to a comic convention and while there I would see these interesting people who would treat my father with such reverence. Names I would come to know and idolize: Neil Gaiman, Dave Stevens, Frank Miller, Bill Sienkiewicz, Larry Hama and so, so many more. There was something interesting about these interactions. They were...familiar.

It wasn't until I was in my early teens that I really started to gain a perspective on who my father was to the comic industry. It didn't change who he was to me. He was still dad. I just got to understand what he was to other people a little bit more. Still, there was something about the way all these people treated him that was so familiar. But I couldn't put my finger on it.

Dad would hate me for sharing this but I can't keep quiet about it anymore: he was SO generous. He gave of himself, both time and money, without question. He gave without ever asking for anything in return, and never bragging a word of it to anyone.

As I grew older and was trusted by him to be in the room when important conversations were had and deals done, I saw the side of him that earned him the status of living legend. With a phone call to Marvel or DC he would start a young talent on their career, and with a confident smile he could send corporate lawyers running to hide behind the fallen cards that they once believed was a sturdy house. Still, there was something familiar.

It wasn't until I was an adult that I truly got it. It wasn't until I sat at tables at conventions next to the same people I would watch treat my father with such reverence that I understood. He was their father too. Neal Adams' most undeniable quality was the one that I had known about him my entire life: he was a father. Not just my father, but a father to all that would get to know him.

And so I come back to that question that I've been asked my entire life: "What is it like having Neal Adams as your dad?" Don't be silly. To know Neal Adams is to know what it's like having Neal Adams as your dad.
Source : https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...a.510187278872
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 03/05/2022, 07h16
EsseJi EsseJi est connecté maintenant
Reader of stuff
-Généalogiste Sénile--Gardien du Temple-

EsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autres
Larry Hama

Citation:
I've told this story a thousand times, but it was the single most important lesson about drawing that I ever received.
It was the early '70s, and I had the drawing table next to Neal Adams @ his Continuity Associates studio. I was sitting in the "Siege Perilous" struggling with a comp for an Air France commercial, and Neal was standing behind me, looking over my shoulder, sipping coffee, and depositing Linzer tart crumbs on my back.
Sez Neal: "I see you're still settling." Beat. Me: "Okay, I'll bite. What does "settling" mean?"
Neal: "I can tell that what you see in your head is ten times better than what you're putting down on the paper. But, you're thinking "I can't pull that off," and instead of trying to tackle that self-doubt and wrestle it into a good drawing, you're settling for what you already know how to do- mentally tracing the template you've always used. Choosing one of the three eyes you can replicate by heart, or the two noses, or the single ear. Every time you settle, that's like going to the gym and doing a single pushup. But when you bear down and try to draw that complicated pose, that unique expression, that expansive gesture, that's like doing a hundred pushups. Yes, the first time you try it, the drawing will suck big moose, and so will the next few dozen- but the magic happens on the day that it stops sucking."
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 04/05/2022, 09h51
Patrick07 Patrick07 est déconnecté
176 cases winner !
-Sentinelle du Temple-

Patrick07 trinque avec Frank MillerPatrick07 trinque avec Frank MillerPatrick07 trinque avec Frank MillerPatrick07 trinque avec Frank MillerPatrick07 trinque avec Frank MillerPatrick07 trinque avec Frank MillerPatrick07 trinque avec Frank MillerPatrick07 trinque avec Frank MillerPatrick07 trinque avec Frank MillerPatrick07 trinque avec Frank MillerPatrick07 trinque avec Frank Miller

RIP Neal !
Merci de m'avoir inspiré, depuis la lecture de mes premiers X-Men, jusqu'à mon regain de passion pour les Lego !
Vieux 04/05/2022, 13h10
rik spoutnik rik spoutnik est déconnecté
Dieu qui déchire sa race

rik spoutnik tutoie Stan Leerik spoutnik tutoie Stan Leerik spoutnik tutoie Stan Leerik spoutnik tutoie Stan Leerik spoutnik tutoie Stan Leerik spoutnik tutoie Stan Leerik spoutnik tutoie Stan Leerik spoutnik tutoie Stan Leerik spoutnik tutoie Stan Leerik spoutnik tutoie Stan Leerik spoutnik tutoie Stan Lee
Les figurines sont superbes.
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 11/05/2022, 07h07
gorlab gorlab est déconnecté
It's.......

gorlab est agile comme Spidermangorlab est agile comme Spidermangorlab est agile comme Spidermangorlab est agile comme Spidermangorlab est agile comme Spidermangorlab est agile comme Spidermangorlab est agile comme Spidermangorlab est agile comme Spidermangorlab est agile comme Spidermangorlab est agile comme Spidermangorlab est agile comme Spiderman
Miniatures attachées
Cliquez sur l'image pour la voir en taille réelle

Nom : 280232947_1590080708060532_3905274540022713156_n.jpg
Affichages : 104
Taille : 437,3 Ko
ID : 18714  

Mes planches originales de comics à vendre.http://xanadu-art.eklablog.com/accueil-c17038922
Réponse avec citation
Réponse

Outils de la discussion
Modes d'affichage

Règles de messages