Précédent   Buzz Comics, le forum comics du monde d'après. > > Comics Culture

Réponse

Outils de la discussion Modes d'affichage
Vieux 29/04/2022, 21h53
EsseJi EsseJi est connecté maintenant
Reader of stuff
-Généalogiste Sénile--Gardien du Temple-

EsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autres
Bill Sienkiewicz

Citation:
Neal Adams was both an unstoppable force and an immovable object.
The world just lost an amazing artist, a brilliant storyteller, a wild creative force of nature, a man who forever changed the comics medium and the culture of entertainment. His impact was beyond seismic; it also changed the course of my very existence.
His work saved my life. Literally.
Without without his work, without HIM, there wouldn't be me, at least not the me that I am today.
Neal was my artistic father, mentor and dear dear friend.
I miss him.
Love you, Dad. Rest in Peace.
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 29/04/2022, 21h53
mugiwaraya mugiwaraya est connecté maintenant
Dieu vers l'Infini et au delà...

mugiwaraya est aussi roux que Daredevilmugiwaraya est aussi roux que Daredevilmugiwaraya est aussi roux que Daredevilmugiwaraya est aussi roux que Daredevilmugiwaraya est aussi roux que Daredevilmugiwaraya est aussi roux que Daredevilmugiwaraya est aussi roux que Daredevilmugiwaraya est aussi roux que Daredevilmugiwaraya est aussi roux que Daredevilmugiwaraya est aussi roux que Daredevilmugiwaraya est aussi roux que Daredevil
RIP

Le gamin que j'étais vous remercie d'avoir dessiné cet épisode des X-Men ou les héros unissent leurs pouvoirs pour repousser les Z'Nox.
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 29/04/2022, 21h53
Reader of stuff

EsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autres
Kurt Busiek

Citation:
RIP Neal Adams. I only met him a few times, but he was always great to talk to. His art alone would have changed comics, but his crusading for creators’ rights did too. An amazing artist and an admirable guy. He’ll be much-missed.
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 29/04/2022, 21h55
Reader of stuff

Todd McFarlane

Citation:
Lost one of our comicbook GIANTS today. NEAL ADAMS literally changed the looks of superheroes in the 1960's and inspired hundreds of young upcoming artists, including myself. We will miss this guy.
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 29/04/2022, 22h11
Reader of stuff

Annonce officielle de IDW

Citation:
Neal Adams.
A titan who changed the world of comics died last night. As one of the very few artists who changed everything, comic books would not be the same if he’d never picked up a pencil. He loved the medium, and he fought the good fight for causes he believed in. He was instrumental in initiating art returns when such a thing was unheard of, he stood up for Superman creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster, and the list goes on.
IDW sends our deepest condolences to his wife, Marilyn, and the entire Adams family.
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 29/04/2022, 22h34
gorlab gorlab est déconnecté
It's.......

gorlab est agile comme Spidermangorlab est agile comme Spidermangorlab est agile comme Spidermangorlab est agile comme Spidermangorlab est agile comme Spidermangorlab est agile comme Spidermangorlab est agile comme Spidermangorlab est agile comme Spidermangorlab est agile comme Spidermangorlab est agile comme Spidermangorlab est agile comme Spiderman

Je me suis relu il y a peu ses GL très engagés.
Il a redonné à Batman, au lendemain de sa période naïve (merci à la série de 66), une vraie identité de détective.

Mes planches originales de comics à vendre.http://xanadu-art.eklablog.com/accueil-c17038922
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 29/04/2022, 22h44
Reader of stuff

Marv Wolfman

Citation:
Neal Adams, 80, died today and the world of comics has lost one of its greatest advocates. Neal’s art revolutionized how comics were illustrated but his commitment to creators’ rights and how creators should be treated revolutionized the entire industry.

Everyone in the industry will have a story about Neal. So do I.

I will keep this as short as possible.

Back at the dawn of our careers, fellow newbie Len Wein and I submitted a Batman story that was ultimately rejected by Batman editor Julius Schwartz. Neal asked to read the script we wrote and liked it. So much so that he decided he wanted to draw it. Note: he was not assigned to draw it and without an assignment it would not be published and he would not be paid. And remember the editor had already rejected it once. And yet, even knowing all this, while working on his normal paid assignments, Neal drew the entire script. Free.

It took him about a year.

When he was done Neal turned it over to Julie who, after reading it, remembered that this was the story we had written a year earlier that he rejected. And now it was drawn behind his back. Some editors would have rejected it out of hand because they hadn’t officially okayed it, but Julie liked the finished job and approved it. All he said was “Don’t do that again.”

Neal had more than all the work he could handle and he certainly did not have to draw a story gratis, yet he believed in something and put his money where his mouth was.

Neal did that a lot.

After the story, titled “The House That Haunted Batman,” was published in Detective Comics #408, Neal gave us some of the original art pages. I immediately framed the splash page he gave me and hung it on my office all. 50 years later that page is still on my office wall.

In all sorts of ways that story ignited our careers. And it exists only because Neal wanted it to see print and decided to make sure it would.

Rest in peace, Neal, and thank you for everything.
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 29/04/2022, 22h45
Reader of stuff

Michael Oeming

Citation:
Neal Adams left a huge legacy of art and creation- but what he did for creator rights is even bigger. He changed the industry in the spotlight and behind the scenes. Thank you #nealadams
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 29/04/2022, 23h14
Reader of stuff

Geof Darrow

Citation:
Comics creators will always owe a big debt to Neal Adams, not only for being an artistic giant but for leading the fight for comics creators rights. He sacrificed a big part of his time for all of us working in the comics arts field so we would better profit from and own our creative efforts.
His art was always a stand alone and a inspiration. He changed comics in so many ways.
Thanks Neal, the world is a better place thanks to you..
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 29/04/2022, 23h28
Reader of stuff

Marc Silvestri

Citation:
Godspeed Neil Adams. You were and always will be a legend and a pioneer. You not only entertained us but you inspired us as well. Thank you for sharing your talent and for fighting the good fight on the front lines of creator rights. RIP sir.
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 29/04/2022, 23h30
Reader of stuff

Paul Levitz

Citation:
Comics has lost a force of nature. Neal Adams was a magnificent artist, but that might have been the least of his talents. It would have been enough if he had just been an artist, of course: being one of the two newcomers to comics in the 1960s (with Jim Steranko) that rekindled the aspirations of a generation to reshape the pages of comics; drawing the definitive Batman that Neal would argue with his customary modesty would make possible billions of dollars of revenue for the company; moving the world of American comic art back from design (exemplified by Carmine Infantino) and exaggerated cartooning (as leaped from the pencil of Jack Kirby) to a new balance of dynamism and illustration; and entertaining so many millions of us.
Neal was unstoppable. Barred from showing his portfolio at DC by production artist Walter Hurlicheck, told not to ruin his life by going into comics by legendary writer-artist-entrepreneur Joe Simon, Neal perservered. If the path in required Archie Comics gag pages or Jerry Lewis stories at DC, he’d do them as well as he executed Ben Casey for the newspapers. It was all a path to what he most wanted to do, and nothing could block him.
I met him through his art when I was 11…a startling departure from Murphy Anderson’s beautiful but very traditional work that had previously filled the pages of The Spectre, and that may have made him the first comic artist whose name I noticed. His talent began to explode on covers as well, a shocking combination of the designs of then-new DC cover editor Carmine Infantino and Neal’s powerful characters interacting in ways that simply weren’t very DC. I followed him through Deadman, met his Green Arrow modernization and his take on Batman in The Brave and The Bold, his ground-breaking collaboration with Denny O’Neil on Green Lantern/Green Arrow and crossed over to delight in his X-Men and Avengers.
What I didn’t know is that as Neal began shaking up the look of comics, he began devoting much of his energy to shaking up the processes. Creative people were treated very poorly in the field in those years, and most of the leaders in the community were afraid to champion the cause because of the likely consequences. The disparity of power between the owners of the comics companies and the creators was an immeasurable gap, and at its base waited carnivores ready to devour agitators. But a modern Don Quixote had no fear.
Neal wasn’t a perfect crusader. As my roles in the industry evolved, we’d spend decades arguing about principles and practices. He was idealistic, occasionally ill-informed or illogical, and often so impractical that he wasn’t able to forge the concensus that might have enabled him to accomplish more. Someone else might have been able to build the guild that the comics creators really needed in those years (and would still be benefiting from)…but no one else had a fraction of Neal’s courage or commitment to charge against the stone ceiling holding his fellows down.
Of the many fights won or ignored, the one that was most visible was being part of the team (with Jerry Robinson and Ed Preiss) that labored to restore Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster’s credit to Superman, and economic dignity to their lives. Jerry was probably the more suave negotiator, Ed the wise lawyer…but Neal roared the loudest. And they won.
Principles mattered. Our first argument was the dressing down he gave me for using his Superman sketch (bought from him for $6 at my first Comic-con) as the cover of my fanzine: “Didn’t you know the difference between buying a piece of art and buying reproduction rights?” Actually, at age 14, I didn’t. But I learned.
Over the years, we’d wrestle over contracts and sometimes fail to reach agreement because it didn’t matter that what was being offered to him was financially better, but didn’t conform to the structure he wanted to make a precedent. We lost some magic that way.
But I’m proud that when I presented him a bonus check for our use of Ra’s Al Ghul in Batman Begins he felt it was fair, possibly the first such payment he’d ever been willing to characterize that way, and even put the moment up on his website in celebration.
Neal was a born teacher who needed no classroom. Bring a portfolio to his desk at Continuity Associates, and you’d leave humbled, with art lessons and advice that might last a lifetime. And after your second or third return, improved but assaulted anew each time, he might send you up to DC or Marvel or Warren or Gold Key, opening the door with a phone call ahead that had the power of the most talented endorsing the next up-and-comer. The list of people who benefitted from that open door would be longer than this document, but just start with Frank Miller, Bill Sinkiewicz, Denys Cowan….so, so many more.
Like all of us, he was imperfect and inconsistent. When he briefly formed a comics publishing company, the results were less than epic, and the dealings with talent didn’t always live up to the principles he’d campaigned for publishers to adopt. But we got Bucky O’Hare out of it.
He was idiosyncratic: he wore cornflower blue shirts like a uniform to business meetings and conventions, having researched that it was the color that was most convincing. We shared a love of comic character-themed ties, and when I left my desk job, he took custody of a portion of my collection.
He was a family man, who ran his studio as a very extended family: a circus managed by his daughter Kris, filled with his wife, ex-wife, children turned artists, and the many, many lost boys who’d found it their Neverland, a place where dreams really did come true and you never had to grow old. We didn’t think he would, does the enfant terrible ever mature?
He’d been ill these past months, but I’m still shocked at his passing. How did the Angel of Death ever win that inevitable argument, and why did it have to be so soon?
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 29/04/2022, 23h53
Fletcher Arrowsmith Fletcher Arrowsmith est déconnecté

Fletcher Arrowsmith bat Charles Xavier au mastermindFletcher Arrowsmith bat Charles Xavier au mastermindFletcher Arrowsmith bat Charles Xavier au mastermindFletcher Arrowsmith bat Charles Xavier au mastermindFletcher Arrowsmith bat Charles Xavier au mastermindFletcher Arrowsmith bat Charles Xavier au mastermindFletcher Arrowsmith bat Charles Xavier au mastermindFletcher Arrowsmith bat Charles Xavier au mastermindFletcher Arrowsmith bat Charles Xavier au mastermindFletcher Arrowsmith bat Charles Xavier au mastermindFletcher Arrowsmith bat Charles Xavier au mastermind
Très triste ce soir devant cette annonce.

Le renouveau des X-Men c'est NEAL ADAMS. C'est l'image que je garderais en tête de cet immense artiste.

MES VENTES DE COMICS : ICI
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 30/04/2022, 06h17
bukowski bukowski est déconnecté
Up and Dawn !

bukowski est seul loin devant les autresbukowski est seul loin devant les autresbukowski est seul loin devant les autresbukowski est seul loin devant les autresbukowski est seul loin devant les autresbukowski est seul loin devant les autresbukowski est seul loin devant les autresbukowski est seul loin devant les autresbukowski est seul loin devant les autresbukowski est seul loin devant les autresbukowski est seul loin devant les autres
Merci M. Adams pour ces fabuleux Batman, Green Lantern/Green Arrow et X-Men imprimés dans mes rétines à jamais !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLvFbBR4XOg
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 30/04/2022, 08h08
Reader of stuff

Erik Larsen

Citation:
Sorry to hear about the passing of Neal Adams. Here's a favorite from my collection. Few people can claim to have changed the face of comics but Neal truly did. Neal's work was game changing.
Neal was one of the three figures who got out of comics that everybody seemed to revere. There was Barry Windsor-Smith, Jim Steranko and Neal.
I bought Neal's last Batman off the shelves as I was getting into comics and then he was getting out. With Steranko and BWS I couldn't even do that--they were already gone, and I could only get the reprints.
Growing up, Neal would occasionally grace the world with an amazing cover or short story but it would be years until he was really back for good.
And now he's gone.
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 30/04/2022, 08h09
Reader of stuff

Jim Lee

Citation:
When I was a kid, I idolized the work of Neal Adams. His work brought the world of superheroes to life with a sense of realism and dynamism that I had NEVER seen before.
EVERY rendition of characters like Batman, Green Lantern, Superman, Green Arrow, the X-Men, the Inhumans—just to mention a few—instantly became my definitive favorites.
He was a master at every facet of art—his range of expressions, the dramatic use of lighting and shadowing, the seemingly facile command of anatomy, and of course, the trademark finger-pointed-in-your-face foreshortening was all just unbelievably next level.
And it all seemed so very magically ALIVE. Neal’s work has influenced every image I have created and continues to be the gold standard I aspire to when I put pencil to paper.
Beyond the brilliance of his creative work, Neal was as importantly a selfless champion for creators’ rights, endangering his own career in his quest to make the business of comics a better and more equitable one.
He was also as influential in the dozens of artists he mentored, taught and brought into the business through his ‘Crusty Bunkers’ studio which was also an inspiration in the early days of Homage Studios which I started with @scottwilliamsinks and @whilceportacio.
The list of Crusty Bunkers alumni is a veritable Who’s Who of some of the best and brightest comic book artists to have worked in the industry.
Neal was tough and as straight forward as they come, but he was also a character as brilliant, impactful, principled and colorful as the heroes he illustrated. The fact he even *knew* of my work’s existence when I became a pro meant the world to me.
My deepest condolences to his wife of 45 years Marilyn and his five children Kris, Jason, Joel, Josh and Zeea and his many generations of fans all around the world. Rest in power, Neal.
Réponse avec citation
Réponse

Règles de messages