Discussion: truth
Afficher un message
Vieux 27/02/2003, 10h39
Fred le mallrat Fred le mallrat est déconnecté
Généalogiste sénile
-Généalogiste Sénile--Sentinelle du Temple-

Fred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec Diablo
Robert Morales

Group: Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, mallrat.

Contractually, I'm forbidden to give up the twists in Truth, so let me answer you this way:

When I signed on, Truth was to be an out-of-continuity title--for Startling Stories, like Banner--so I was encouraged not to hold allegiance to any previous Cap storyline as I worked out my proposal. Upon looking it over, though, Bill and Joe realized I hadn't really brought any serious inconsistencies to the Cap mythos (for one thing, I'd used the original 1940s Simon-Kirby series as my jumpin-off point; hence Dr. Reinstein). It was they who decided that the series could fill some cracks and provide a prelude to Steve Rogers' and the Super Soldier program's origins--so suddenly it was in continuity.

I was hipped to the Proteus saga (by Harlan Ellison, of all people), and I followed up on some other storylines, but Marvel wanted a series that would be understandable to non-comics readers, so Truth is pretty streamlined: no Bucky, no Nick Fury, no Red Skull--but it doesn't mean they don't co-exist with Truth's WWII. Given Marvel's premise, I approach it as alternate storyline, and it's been up to the amazing Axel to rein me in me when I take it somewhere I shouldn't.

As to how it fits in with current and future continuity, I couldn't tell you--honestly, I don't know. (I do know you should pick up Neil Gaiman's 1602 when it drops, because it has a brilliant premise that will interest you greatly.) I have no idea what's up with The Crew, but Chris Priest is a terrific writer and a smart guy, so I'm certain he'll find a clever link to Truth.

Anyway, I'm glad you and the other posters like the book. Thanks.
Réponse avec citation