Précédent   Buzz Comics, le forum comics du monde d'après. > > Comics Culture

Réponse

Outils de la discussion Modes d'affichage
Vieux 20/12/2023, 09h36
Fred le mallrat Fred le mallrat est déconnecté
Généalogiste sénile
-Généalogiste Sénile--Sentinelle du Temple-

Fred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec Diablo
Paul Jenkins est en difficulté financière suite à des procédures judiciaires

Citation:
This is a story about right versus wrong. It’s a story about a good man standing up to intimidation and injustice, and it is a story that must have an ending in court.

For three years, my friend, Paul Jenkins, has stood alone against a person who many have called a toxic internet bully. Like many others before him, Paul became the target of this man who persecutes innocent people by filing frivolous and often life-changing lawsuits against them. The defense of himself and his business has led to Paul being billed for over $650,000 in legal expenses. During this same period of time, he has had to endure huge medical bills while his wife recovered from brain surgery.

Now Paul is very close to getting this case to trial. lf he succeeds, I believe that Paul will be vindicated and that the truth about many things this individual doesn't want made public will finally be revealed. Please help Paul and his family overcome this last hurdle so he can stand in court on behalf of multiple victims.

Why am I launching this GoFundMe?

Besides the fact that Paul is my friend, I know some of the pain that he and his family have endured. I, my business partner, and our business were the victims of one of this person’s many lawsuits. He sued us to demand money from a business transaction he had no part in. Knowing he had no standing to file on me in California, he intentionally filed in the wrong jurisdiction just to cause me financial pain. Ultimately my case was dismissed. My business partner and our business were not so lucky, and both were forced into bankruptcy. He has since threatened to file multiple additional lawsuits against not just myself, but many others. This has to stop!

Who is this person?

This is the infamous Star Trek fan who raised almost $1.5 million dollars from Kickstarter and Indiegogo for a fan film called Axanar that, nearly a decade later, he hasn't delivered. He was sued by CBS for copyright violations, a lawsuit that was settled in 2017, and now in 2023 was found liable in arbitration for violating that settlement, with the abritrator awarding CBS nearly $300,000 in legal costs.

Outside of being sued by mega corporations, he apparently enjoys suing people for fun and profit. He has consistently threatened lawsuits in attempts to silence his critics and has bragged about conducting multiple lawsuits simultaneously, seemingly proud of ruining people's lives. His legal tactics have forced people into expensive settlements, have caused bankruptcies, and have hurt others to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars. Yet he has never stood before a jury.

His tactics:

He evades trials by jury by flooding the courts with multiple motions, each of which costs his opponents more money, thus forcing them to settle before the suits can go to trial. It is also strongly believed that at times he has written his own filings, aided by unscrupulous attorneys who claim his work as their own (the unauthorized practice of law). Lawsuits seem to cost him nothing, but they cost his victims everything. He doesn't always win, however, despite several judgments against him, he has avoided paying fines and penalties in some cases. He even recently bragged that he is judgement proof in reference to the pending CBS arbitration.

Now, for the first time ever, this person sued someone who hasn't settled or backed down. Paul is determined to bring this suit to trial, a trial that I'm certain will not only vindicate Paul but will surely expose volumes of legal misconduct, including what really happened to the Axanar Kickstarter and Indiegogo donations, the undisclosed Axanar merchandise profits, and the variety of other fundraising efforts that he has spent on personal expenses and not on the fan film they were designated for.

Please consider donating:
• If you are a former donor to the Axanar Kickstarter or Indiegogo campaigns and you want to learn the truth about what happened to your money.
• If you have purchased knockoff “Star Trek: Axanar" merchandise and want to learn how your money has been spent.
• If you have been victimized by this person in the props or fan community, or on a message board, and are sick and tired of internet bullies who use social media as a pulpit in an attempt to ruin people’s lives.
• If you are sick of wannabe lawyers who cheat the system to inflict legal and financial pain upon innocent families for their personal gain.
• If you want to see greedy lawyers held accountable for their part in this endless cycle of bogus lawsuits.

Thanks to Paul’s courage, and with our support, we can bring an end to this cruelty and learn the truth. Paul took on this fight not just for himself, but really more so for EVERYONE who has ever been hurt by this person in the past, and also for anyone that might be hurt by him in the future. Seeing this person FINALLY face a jury for the first time ever is something we all deserve.

Please note: All funds will go directly to Paul and his family. This GoFundMe is designed to help Paul with his immediate legal expenses leading up to and through the trial. Any donations that go over the ask amount will go towards the 650K in legal bills that he has accumulated over the last 3 years.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...UTQjnaHmp_b1fs

Dernière modification par Fred le mallrat ; 20/12/2023 à 10h08.
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 20/12/2023, 17h55
scarletneedle scarletneedle est déconnecté
#TeamNoPeineàjouir
-Gardien du Temple-

scarletneedle a battu Chuck Norris ... 2 foisscarletneedle a battu Chuck Norris ... 2 foisscarletneedle a battu Chuck Norris ... 2 foisscarletneedle a battu Chuck Norris ... 2 foisscarletneedle a battu Chuck Norris ... 2 foisscarletneedle a battu Chuck Norris ... 2 foisscarletneedle a battu Chuck Norris ... 2 foisscarletneedle a battu Chuck Norris ... 2 foisscarletneedle a battu Chuck Norris ... 2 foisscarletneedle a battu Chuck Norris ... 2 foisscarletneedle a battu Chuck Norris ... 2 fois
Outch...
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 20/12/2023, 18h17
EsseJi EsseJi est connecté maintenant
Reader of stuff
-Généalogiste Sénile--Gardien du Temple-

EsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autres
Donc le gars qui a harcelé Jenkins a porté plainte à outrance, et c'est l'auteur qui est dans la merde avec les frais engendrés pour sa défense?
Réponse avec citation
Vieux 22/12/2023, 13h54
Ben Wawe Ben Wawe est déconnecté
Dieu qui déchire sa race

Ben Wawe met la patée à GalactusBen Wawe met la patée à GalactusBen Wawe met la patée à GalactusBen Wawe met la patée à GalactusBen Wawe met la patée à GalactusBen Wawe met la patée à GalactusBen Wawe met la patée à GalactusBen Wawe met la patée à GalactusBen Wawe met la patée à GalactusBen Wawe met la patée à GalactusBen Wawe met la patée à Galactus
Hélas.
Réponse avec citation
Réponse

Règles de messages