Discussion: Fight Girls #1
Afficher un message
Vieux 26/01/2021, 18h08
EsseJi EsseJi est connecté maintenant
Reader of stuff
-Généalogiste Sénile--Gardien du Temple-

EsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autres
Source: HollywoodReporter

Frank Cho, the award-winning creator of Liberty Meadows, Skybourne, and 50 Girls 50, is returning to comics for the first time since 2018 with an all-new series for Artists, Writers & Artisans — the non-stop combat comic Fight Girls.

"Fight Girls is one of half-dozen stories I wrote over the years that I never got to do because of my time commitments to Marvel and DC Comics,” Cho told The Hollywood Reporter. “Now that I'm with AWA, I can finally dust off my stories and work on them. I've always been a big action-adventure guy. I've always enjoyed stories of reluctant heroes overcoming overwhelming odds through intelligence, strength, and determination. Fight Girls is my love letter to the big sci-fi fantasy action genre.”

"Frank is a once-in-a-generation talent – and a dual-threat writer and artist,” added AWA chief creative officer Axel Alonso. “His neo-pulp excursions are unparalleled, and it's no surprise he is one of the most popular and respected artists in the medium. It’s been my pleasure and privilege to work with him since 2005’s Shanna, the She-Devil [at Marvel], and I think this is his best work ever.”

Describing the title as “Gladiator meets Hunger Games,” Cho described the plot simply: “It's a story of 10 women from different parts of the Empire, gathered to compete in an ancient and deadly competition for the vacant throne of the Queen, but with a wicked twist at the end,” he teased. “I hope the readers enjoy the story as much as I did writing it, and will be delightfully surprised by all the twists and turns I have in store for them in Fight Girls."

According to Alonso, Fight Girls is “a neo-pulp sci-fi masterpiece that explores all the themes that obsess Frank.”

The series will launch digitally and in comic book stores July.

Réponse avec citation