Discussion: john ney rieber
Afficher un message
Vieux 14/11/2002, 15h53
Fred le mallrat Fred le mallrat est déconnecté
Généalogiste sénile
-Généalogiste Sénile--Sentinelle du Temple-

Fred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec DiabloFred le mallrat mange des gauffres avec Diablo
PAGE 4 2 PANELS

Cap smiles grimly.

His eyes are fierce. Focused.

The eyes of a man with a purpose--

Who isn't going to allow himself to be diverted from that purpose by any kind of pain.

CAPTION - CAP'S STYLE
It's only pain.

*space*

CAPTION
It'll go away.

With one powerful stroke and kick, Cap orients himself in the water.

He looks upward.

CAPTION
It always does.

PAGE 5 4 PANELS

Cap needs air.

He strokes powerfully upward.

Above him, the shapes of trees and boulders are dimly visible through the dark swirling water.

CAPTION
You've achieved your
primary tactical objective.

*space*

CAPTION
Drawn the enemy
away from the people.

Cap is a stroke and kick away from breaking the surface--

And his lungs are about to burst--

When he sees, standing on a shelf of rock just above him, the shape of another terrorist. NINE.

NINE holds a submachine gun--something shortbarreled, like an Uzi--at the ready. Pointing down.

CAPTION
And you're still alive.

CUT TO TERRORISTS - A GROUP OF 3 SEARCHING THE RIVER.

Near us: we see a slice of a human silhouette. A body sprawled across a stone. One arm dangling
off the ledge. The flow of river water lending animation to its slack nerveless hand.

Past that: ONE, SIX, and TWELVE are clambering over half-submerged boulders and shoals of river
gravel together.

TWELVE's on point. Moving toward the left border of the panel.

But SIX has caught a glimpse of the silhouette. He sweeps the beam of his flashlight across the
intervening whitewater--toward us.

ONE turns, tracking the sweep of the beam.

SIX
There!

ONE
He has the shield?

ONE's POV.

The flashlight's beam illuminates the silhouette.

It's not Cap. Nope. It's NINE.

Cap's crouching beside the unconscious terrorist, though.

He's burnt and battered and drenched.

The look he turns toward us is chilling.

CAP
I've got the shield.

but hey--it's not easy being a lazy hack...

the terseness of the captioning and dialogue in 'enemy' and 'warlords' is deliberate. some of it comes from the tone of the story itself--which is stark. some of it comes from the fact that john cassaday is drawing the story--and what he can communicate visually, i don't feel i need to spell out. but most of it comes from the way i see cap as a character. he's very focused. zen level focused. he does what has to be done, and says what he has to say--and no more. he doesn't waste time or energy. he doesn't waste anything.

and the things that he does say, the things that he does think--i want them to weigh something. i want them to resonate. and -- this may be a flaw in me as a writer -- i believe that the spaces between the words are as important, if not more important, than the things that are said.

that said, the next two story arcs aren't as lean in terms of words on the page as the first has been.

but cap will never be what you'd call talkative while i'm scripting him.

however long that is...

cette intw etait longue donc en 3 parties