Discussion: RIP Kevin O'Neill
Afficher un message
Vieux 08/11/2022, 17h30
EsseJi EsseJi est déconnecté
Reader of stuff
-Généalogiste Sénile--Gardien du Temple-

EsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autresEsseJi est seul loin devant les autres
Alan Moore et Walter Simonson ont laissé aller leur plume pour rendre un hommage à leur ami.

Citation:
Posté par Alan Moore
Thus is the course of fable’s river run
To flood with jewels the delta of its end.
Here is the summit peak of let’s-pretend;
Now is the story of all stories done,
And we hail our imaginary friends
Before the curtain of the stars descends.

Citation:
Posté par Walter Simonson
Kevin O’Neill has caught the last train out. I can't believe I'm writing those words. Saw Howard Victor Chaykin's post this morning and was stunned. Back in the 80s, Weezie and I used to go to England every 2 or 3 years when UKCAC was still running. We met any number of local artists over there including Kevin. A sweet guy whose personality, at least with us, revealed little about the incredibly personal nature of his work.
Kevin’s drawing was unique, abstract, clearly crafted, and could be deeply disturbing at times. Beautifully rendered visions of an inner universe. There was a story that I remember that his work (maybe for DC?) was actually banned by the Comics Code Authority at some point. Not just a drawing but his actual body of work!! I don’t know if that’s true or how it was resolved if it was true, but that's how I remember it. And I have to hand it to a guy who could create work so troubling that the CCA would attempt to suppress it. So I hope it's true. Go, Kevin!
Saw him a few years ago - probably at a NYC Comic Con - and we just chatted briefly about all the stuff you talk about when you don't think that this is the last time you're going to see someone. We hadn't seen either other in years and had a lovely conversation, mostly about work. Glad I had the chance to see him one more time.
Thanks for everything, Kevin. Godspeed.
Réponse avec citation