Buzz Comics, le forum comics du monde d'après.

Buzz Comics, le forum comics du monde d'après. (http://www.buzzcomics.net/index.php)
-   Comics Culture (http://www.buzzcomics.net/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   How to approach a ComicCon as a comic supporting dad? (http://www.buzzcomics.net/showthread.php?t=75620)

peter77 31/03/2019 01h52

How to approach a ComicCon as a comic supporting dad?

Hello everyone,

I’m a dad in my 30’s. I don’t know a thing about ComicCons. I don’t know anything about the comic world in general. I don’t dislike it! It’s just outside my wheelhouse.

My 10 year old son has opinions about DC and Marvel. He loves the movies. He draws his own comics (prolifically, I might add. They’re everywhere in my house!) He doesn’t have deep nerd level knowledge but it’s something he really enjoys so I try to encourage anything in the creative realm.

There’s a Kansas City ComicCon this weekend and one-day passes are available. I was thinking of surprising him and grabbing a couple tickets for Sunday.

My question is if a kid and dad who are sorta outsiders to this stuff will still have a good time just showing up and wandering around? I was looking and autograph booth schedules and some of the panel discussions and I have no clue who they are! How can we get the most out of it if we go? Or should we study up and try again another time?

Thank you.!

scarletneedle 31/03/2019 09h49

Sorry, we're a french forum.
I dont' think (but I could be wrong) no one could answer you here.

ArnaudXIII 31/03/2019 11h07

Citation:

Envoyé par peter77 (Message 1788067)
Hello everyone,

I’m a dad in my 30’s. I don’t know a thing about ComicCons. I don’t know anything about the comic world in general. I don’t dislike it! It’s just outside my wheelhouse.

My 10 year old son has opinions about DC and Marvel. He loves the movies. He draws his own comics (prolifically, I might add. They’re everywhere in my house!) He doesn’t have deep nerd level knowledge but it’s something he really enjoys so I try to encourage anything in the creative realm.

There’s a Kansas City ComicCon this weekend and one-day passes are available. I was thinking of surprising him and grabbing a couple tickets for Sunday.

My question is if a kid and dad who are sorta outsiders to this stuff will still have a good time just showing up and wandering around? I was looking and autograph booth schedules and some of the panel discussions and I have no clue who they are! How can we get the most out of it if we go? Or should we study up and try again another time?

Thank you.!

In my opinion, the best for a kid this age would be to just wander the alleys, checking the booths and the cosplayers.

Have a look at the back-issues bins and see if you can find comics he likes.

You can also go to the Artist Alley to show him how the artists works. Sometimes, artists accept to do little free sketch for kids.

Fuseau horaire GMT +2. Il est actuellement 17h28.