PDA

Voir la version complète : Censorship in France?

jaswilson
29/01/2008, 21h38
I am planning to publish a french/belgium styled english b.d which to some degree I want to distribute and sell in France. However a friend tells me that as my book contains references and images of smoking cannabis, that it may be a problem as in France it may be ilegal to print or exhibit books which display the cannabis leaf, to which I got thinking that I need to get some clarity on this. So regards France and Belgium for that matter:

1) Where and on what is it ilegal to show a cannnabis leaf on? Is it ilegal to print the image on the outside of something? or is it anywhere?

2) Is it legal to show images of people smoking weed on the cover of a book, product or whatever?

3) Does this apply to any other european countries?

Dredd
29/01/2008, 22h01
il y a très longtemps que j'ai arrété le cannabis donc je vais laisser les autres répondre:D (on reconnnait facilement ce mot...)

pis surtout je suis anglophobe , ce qui signifie que sans être nationaliste, je traduit extrèmement mal la langue anglaise

tout le monde n'est pas Jérémy Manesse:oups: euh... merci à lui de m'avoir publié dans la version française du courrier des lecteurs de Wizzard vf

HiPs!
29/01/2008, 22h44
As far as I know, yes it is illegal not to print a cannabis leaf on a cover but to show people smoking pot and enjoying it. In fact, what is not allowed is to promote the use of weed.
That is for France.

I don't know the rules for other european countries because every one has his own legislation on the subject. I'm not even quite sure that laws are less rigid in holland.

You may contact this association for more information: http://www.circ-asso.net/

And pardon my bad english

gillesC
30/01/2008, 13h52
Where is his secretary??

Tandhruil
30/01/2008, 14h06
I don't know, but it seems to be aload...

We can find The Freak Brothers in a famous french shop (http://www4.fnac.com/Shelf/article.aspx?PRID=284103&OrderInSession=1&Mn=3&Mu=-13&SID=3edab34f-f4d6-f01f-35fd-74777f2c6ab1&TTL=310120081403&Origin=FnacAff&Ra=-1&To=0&Nu=1&UID=0C93DCC96-C5D7-5FB4-D965-1F614E4FC4CD&Fr=0)...